We are looking for a Supply Chain Product Manager - Technical, to be responsible for working across many high visible product areas. As a member of the AIS Supply Chain team, you will be at the forefront of this organizational capability to increase our understanding of supply chain risks within our products. The CoRe team is responsible for identifying risks to avoid disruptions of product delivery by building a framework that anticipates, identifies, and mitigates high priority risks with action plans. As a resiliency PMT, you are a builder at heart on mechanisms, systems and automation. You use data to drive decisions, determine areas to improve or to build and innovate a new capability. You are a strong product manager with deep experience in the new product development process, and are a seasoned supply chain expert. We are looking for a technical candidate with proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role is a unique blend of product manager and tool developer. If this sounds exciting and aligns with your skill set, we would like to meet you.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead developer of the tool that analyzes bill of material (BOMs) data from vendors through our configuration management systems
- Develop a long-term risk strategy systems roadmap
- Builds and maintains dashboards for customer interactions
- Leads the automation and machine learning (ML) efforts in CoRe
- Ensure risk identification, actions, and closures at product development reviews
- Advance outcomes-based metrics to measure and quantify risk maturity
- A trusted partner with cross-functional teams in IT, vendor services, Supplier Governance, GCM, PLM, and engineering teams
A day in the life
On an everyday basis as a builder on our team, you have the unique opportunity to understand the growing customers’ requirements to connect teams, processes, and mechanisms, and work backwards to devise hardware solutions with adjacent teams to maintain a highly available supply chain that delights AWS customers. You design and implement processes and mechanisms that both help the team to deliver business impact to the organization in a systemic way, while also helping to raise the bar on our operational excellence.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Cupertino, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 7+ years of end to end product delivery experience
- 7+ years experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- 7+ years experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- Experience in using analytical tools, such as Tableau, Qlikview, QuickSight
- Experience performing statistical analysis of data using SQL, Excel and other tools
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience in configuration management
- Experience in product, supplier risk or business continuity planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of operational excellence, managing and delivering outcomes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.