Amazon Finance technology Tax team is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build world-class internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible. You are a talented Software Development Engineer who is seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you!
It's Day 1 in Finance Technology, and we're at the beginning of building out an entire suite of global tax solutions. The Tax technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
In this role you will:
- Design and build services to make customer lives better and will be part of a new “AWS like” technology platform for Tax.
- Play a role in the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of a new platform from beginning to end.
- Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global Tax customers.
- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
- Design and code technical solutions in tools such as Java or C#, .NET, Angular JS, React, Node.js, JQuery and/or SQL Server to deliver value to tax customers.
- Contribute to a suite of tools that will be hosted on the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Build dashboard and visualization services.
- Work with variety of developer tools across the spectrum of software development lifecycle.
- Build iteratively using agile methodologies.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Dallas, TX, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.