Be part of a team which is passionate about solving real world data management and governance challenges. Come build large scale distributed systems that are central to the next generation of analytics in the cloud.
AWS Lake Formation is a service that helps build and secure data lakes in a simple, scalable, server-less architecture. We are looking for software engineers to join our growing team!
As a Software Engineer in Lake formation you will:
- Solve unique and first-order problems in areas of Big Data, Distributed Systems, and Server-less data processing
- Influence and build products that will leverage scale of resources to orchestrate data management and governance
- Be catalyst to deliver a truly disruptive product while still early enough to have impact and influence
Key job responsibilities
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
- Be an advocate of industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault-torrent and dependable code
- Code and test complex system modules; develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
We are builders and data people that are obsessed with our customers and take-on big challenges. We support each other and encourage different views. We also like to have a bit of fun along the way.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Redmond, WA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.