Have you ever wanted to be part of a team who is building industry changing technology? Amazon’s Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In Project Kuiper Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable our program to design and engineer the future of LEO Satellite based broadband services. Our team succeeds when the entire Project Kuiper organization can scale as needed to be successful.
Leading an effort to enhance the Productivity applications function for our organization and Kuiper Government solutions. Work cross functionally to gather requirements, design proper controls, and implement the strategy for deploying and managing productivity applications in Kuiper Controller Environment. This includes team systems and tools, lab networks, and access to AWS cloud infrastructure. Responsible for the design and deployment of Microsoft M365 and Atlassian suit of products. Collaborate with Amazon Security teams and key stakeholders to intake requirements and deliver a customer productivity experience to Project Kuiper specific resources.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and implement Productivity application in Kuiper environments using Infrastructure as Code.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Security using Active Directory, Azure Administration, and Microsoft 365 groups
- Identify, research, recommend, and implement Microsoft 365 solutions and applications such as Teams, Office, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Serve as the Microsoft Outlook administrator
- Enforce compliance with principals including: least privilege access, password management, Audit logging for all productivity applications
- Drive 3rd party secure collaboration efforts to accelerate Kuiper projects.
- Partner with Amazon security organizations to ensure compliance with existing security policies.
- Engage with and influence the key stakeholders and internal teams to ensure compliance, security and operational functional requirements are met or exceeded.
- Create and implement automated processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency and scalability.
- Develop monitoring and reporting on the health, effectiveness and efficiency of productivity services.
Export Control Requirements: Due to the need to access certain federal controlled information, you must be a U.S. citizen for consideration.
A day in the life
As part of Kuiper Enterprise Engineering IAM team you will further deepen your technical expertise and proficiency in distributed software design, navigate operational challenges of a highly available system under load, and hone your skills as a leader and communicator. You will collaborate with and learn from some of the strongest software, security and infrastructure engineers in the industry, and leverage Amazon's ample resources to innovate on behalf of our customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team. While you will come to our team with your own diverse experience, you will have the ability to further develop your skills and grow your career within one of our most innovative programs. Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong communication skills and has project management experience. You should expect to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
About the team
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon has ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 7+ years of administrative experience in networking, storage systems, operating systems and hands-on systems engineering experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals (networking, storage, operating systems)
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- Experience with PowerShell (preferred), Python, Ruby, or Java
- Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $103,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $201,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.