The Enterprise Engineering organization is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with a strong background in cloud platforms and frontend development. We are leveraging AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services, and building new high-performance services. If you are passionate about Amazon, have experience building critical services at global scale, and are skilled in modern frontend technologies like React and Redux, this is the team for you.
In this role, you'll drive innovation, write both front-end and back-end software that delivers a service used by over 1.5 million Amazonians worldwide, leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services. Your expertise in React, Redux, and other frontend technologies will be vital in delivering a seamless user experience.
Key job responsibilities
1. Designing and building services that scale for millions of global users, with a focus on frontend development using React and Redux.
2. Driving new innovation in the Amazon/AWS ecosystem, especially in frontend engineering.
3. Solving complex problems with elegant frontend solutions by working across teams and organizations in Amazon.
4. Expanding your skills in frontend development, continuously learning, and experimenting with new tools and ideas to evolve your team's processes.
A day in the life
1. Thrive on building customer-centric solutions, with a focus on delivering high-quality frontend experiences.
2. Engage in operational excellence, working with new technologies including React and Redux, and pushing the envelope on existing technology.
About the team
The Enterprise Engineering team is at the forefront of revolutionizing workplace dynamics, owning globally scaled and innovative collaboration solutions that support the endeavors of Amazonians around the globe. Serving as the cornerstone, our team enables every facet of Amazon’s multifaceted business.
We relentlessly push the boundaries of performance, scalability, security, and contribute significantly to amplifying the overall value of Amazon. Your indispensable contribution to our team will be a catalyst in Amazon’s success, as we ardently work towards delivering the next generation of workplace collaboration and productivity tools. With us, you have the platform to make groundbreaking impacts, redefine industry standards, and be part of a team that’s steering Amazon towards uncharted territories of innovation and excellence.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.