At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. A customer experience that we’re constantly re-inventing is how we fulfill and deliver customers' orders. We're doing so by building a world class last mile operation capable of exceeding the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible by building a network of entrepreneurial owned and operated small businesses (called the Delivery Service Partner program). To enable the program to scale in a sustainable way, Amazon is seeking an exceptional Sr. Product Manager who will be part of a start-up group with the charter to grow and scale the Delivery Service Partner program globally by continually evolving the program by building cutting-edge products and services capabilities supporting Amazon’s current and future last mile initiatives. Essentially the team’s vision is to develop last mile delivery products that make Amazon the pioneers in the global logistics industry.
This Sr. Product Manager will be directly responsible to help Amazon achieve net-zero carbon emissions by owning and developing new iterations of our DSP Micromobility programs. The focus of this role will be to build a product offering that enables DSPs to expand Amazon's sustainable footprint by introducing carbon-free modes of transport and focusing on expanding globally to meet customer needs. This is a fast-growing space with loads of complexity due to the unique challenges and services required to enable deliveries with an alternative mode of transportation, including electric bikes and scooters. This individual will implement new initiatives across the program, and monitor and measure the health of the program and identify opportunities to continually enhance the program for Amazon customers and the entrepreneurs that own and operate small delivery businesses. The optimal fit for this role will be a candidate wanting to roll-up his or her sleeves, dive into a challenge, develop a solution and path forward by working with multiple stakeholders, and convince senior management that their solution is the best one. This will be a high visibility role, meaning that the optimal candidate will be comfortable driving critical business decisions in fast paced, high pressure, and often ambiguous environment, and elevating critical one-way door decisions to senior leadership.
This position will need to reside in New York, NY and requires 10% - 20% of travel.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- 5+ years of product or finance experience
- MBA and/or advanced degree in business or finance
- Previous experience in logistics industry or supply chain
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to partner with stakeholders and drive consensus toward mutual goals
- Quantitative background with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
- Experience building new products from experiments and owning roadmap strategy and definition.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $110,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $206,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.