With great power comes great responsibility. IMDb runs the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors. IMDb sits at the intersection of entertainment, media and technology inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team. IMDb is seeking an innovative, results-oriented leader for the UX Design Team who is responsible for our mobile, desktop, iOS and Android app experiences as we continue to develop and implement a Design System that allows our team to increase the scale of our impact and focus on innovation on behalf of our customers.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a design leader who can:
- Strategically build partnerships with developers, product managers and senior leaders to create and deliver experiences that drive a positive impact and deliver results
- Hire and develop a multidisciplinary UX design team
- Develop and evolve high UX standards and set up processes to drive these standards across all Consumer verticals
- Leverage user data, analytics and business requirements to define UX vision
- Use diverse inputs to identify and define exciting new concepts, opportunities, and customer problems
- Stay on the cutting edge of what’s new in technology and user experience, identifying opportunities and experimenting with applying new technologies and interaction patterns to customer problems
- Drive the development and evolution of the team's best practices for human-centered design, prototyping, and research methodologies.
- Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend experiences when it makes sense to do so
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 10+ years of design experience
- 5+ years of leading multi-discipline Design teams (ie. visual design, interaction design, user research, etc.) experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience leading a diverse team in the delivery of experiences from end to end (user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity visuals)
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior leaders outside of design
- Experience embedding design within product teams for agile design and development collaboration
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $268,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.