Amazon's Global Fixed Marketing Campaign Measurement & Optimization (CMO) team is looking for a senior economic expert in causal inference and applied ML to advance the economic measurement, accuracy validation and optimization methodologies of Amazon's global multi-billion dollar fixed marketing spend. This is a thought leadership position to help set the long-term vision, drive methods innovation, and influence cross-org methods alignment. This role is also an expert in modeling and measuring marketing and customer value with proven capacity to innovate, scale measurement, and mentor talent.
This candidate will also work closely with senior Fixed Marketing tech, product, finance and business leadership to devise science roadmaps for innovation and simplification, and adoption of insights to influence important resource allocation, fixed marketing spend and prioritization decisions. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required to ensure success of this collaboration. The candidate must be passionate about advancing science for business and customer impact.
Key job responsibilities
- Advance measurement, accuracy validation, and optimization methodology within Fixed Marketing.
- Motivate and drive data generation to size.
- Develop novel, innovative and scalable marketing measurement techniques and methodologies.
- Enable product and tech development to scale science solutions and approaches.
A day in the life
- Propose and refine economic and scientific measurement, accuracy validation, and optimization methodology to improve Fixed Marketing models, outputs and business results
- Brief global fixed marketing and retails executives about FM measurement and optimization approaches, providing options to address strategic priorities.
- Collaborate with and influence the broader scientific methodology community.
About the team
CMO's vision is to maximizing long-term free cash flow by providing reliable, accurate and useful global fixed marketing measurement and decision support. The team measures and helps optimize the incremental impact of Amazon (Stores, AWS, Devices) fixed marketing investment across TV, Digital, Social, Radio, and many other channels globally. This is a fully self supported team composed of scientists, economists, engineers, and product/program leaders with S-Team visibility.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- PhD in Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative field.
- 8 + years of experience in analytics and applied economics, with expertise in causal inference.
- Proficient in a general programming language.
- Experience in developing and executing an analytic vision to solve business-relevant problems.
- Experience in building analytic or scientific data products or solutions, with an emphasis on causal inference within applied ML modeling.
- Written and verbal communications skills to convey complicated process and systems to business partners and senior leadership.
- Applicants with considerably more and broader, experience, are also strongly encouraged.
- Expert in statistical and programming software including: Python, or Spark.
- Expert at industry analyses, including experience with fixed/brand marketing.
- Experience with causal machine learning in performant applications.
- Strong track record in performing high-quality analysis of data at scale.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $151,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $294,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.