Amazon Operations: Sr. HR Assistant (Entry Level) - University Fulfillment 2017
Job ID: 400746 | Amazon Fulfillment Svcs, Inc.
Learn more and apply at amazon.com/universityops
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and now have become the universe’s most customer centric company. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
Read more about us at amazon.com/about
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you’ll come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members at youtube.com/AmazonFulfillment
The Sr. Human Resources Assistant (Sr. HRA) will support the HR Business Partner and Manager at the one of Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers (FC). As a Sr. HRA, you have the opportunity to get exposure to all areas of HR with some areas of focus including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage/hour issues, assist with recruitment and retention activities. The Sr. HRA is a leadership pipeline to our HRBP and HR Manager positions, so we are looking for high caliber individuals excited about a career in HR. If you want to be involved in creating the future of online retail, and are dynamic, organized, and a self-starter, join our Operations team as a Sr. Human Resource Assistant, an integral part of the HR Team. Key responsibilities are:
· Recruiting and Selection: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting system management, and on-boarding
· Employee Relations: Promote positive employee relations through survey management, roundtable facilitation, employee recognition projects and systems
· Data Analytics: Produce and analyze reports to assist with labor planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting
· Compensation/Payroll: Ensure payroll accuracy through audits, reporting, and proactive measures.
· Compliance: Provide policy expertise to clients, manage site drug testing program, ensure pre and post-hire requirements are completed
· Performance Management: Assist client groups with weekly and yearly performance management systems and tools ensuring complete and timely delivery
What do we offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. We grant each employee ownership in the company, including Amazon stock awards and a matching 401(k) program. But, if you’re not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos’s most recent letter to shareholders sums it all up pretty well.
The basic qualifications, we require that:
· You have a completed bachelor’s degree.
· You are able to work overtime during peak holiday seasons and as needed.
· You can work overnight or over the weekend depending on your assigned shift.
· You are authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
The preferred qualifications, we prefer that:
· You have a bachelor’s degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field.
· You have previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and Payroll Systems and/or HRIS.
· You have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources.
· You pride yourself in being organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation).