Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Amazon’s Operations presence in Europe is growing fast and now includes the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic and Poland along with our EU headquarters in Luxembourg.
Business Area: Operations – Fulfillment Center
Operations lies at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we take is driven by our customers, as meeting their expectations is one of our core values. The Operations teams in our fulfillment centers are responsible for managing a vast range of fast-moving inventory. From receiving into the fulfillment center to stowing, picking, packing and shipping to our customers, they work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
As Amazon Operations continues to grow in EU, we are looking for top talent to join us and drive our success as well as their own careers. At the moment we have a number of open opportunities in the HR team at different levels across the EU.
At the moment we have an HR Manager opportunity. Our Human Resources Managers are experts in everything from employee relations to performance management, talent management to succession planning and employee engagement to legislative compliance. They are equipped to work at the heart of Amazon and act as business partners to line managers in all areas of the employee cycle. By joining the HR Team in Spain, you will work as an integral part of the HR and Management teams and play a critical role in developing and delivering the HR plan at our fulfilment centers.
Your responsibilities will include:
Lead and manage the HR team on a day-to-day basis. You’ll Dive Deep to understand metric anomalies and Invent and Simplify processes to drive continuous improvements on the site. You’ll integrate yourself within the National HR team, sharing best practice and expertise with your peers. You’ll have an open, credible communication style that makes you a ‘go to’ person and by taking pride in what you do and how you do it, you’ll be seen to lead by example.
Employee Relations & Engagement
You’ll understand employee engagement and have a Bias for Action to continue to make the site(s) a great place to work. You’ll be a true Business Partner, visible and a strong communicator who can ‘monitor the pulse’ of the site(s). You’ll use your experience and instinct to know what will drive engagement forward – great Leaders Are Right, A lot. Your solid HR background will be a platform on which you can build your credibility, earn the Trust of Others and will allow you to support and develop the Site Management team(s) and the Site HR team(s) when they are dealing with complex ER cases.
Recruitment and Selection
We’re passionate about Hiring and Developing the Best – it’s one of our Leadership principles. You’ll have that passion too and will work with the Site Management and Talent Acquisition Teams to ensure we attract select and develop great people.
Performance Management, Talent Management & Succession Planning
Our Annual Leadership Review process ensures that we identify, develop and retain our future leaders. You’ll be Customer Obsessed and will work with the Site Senior team(s) to help them create robust development plans and help them to maximize performance within their teams. You’ll Think Big about the development of people and will be a key coach and mentor for the Site Leadership team(s). You’ll ensure that the Learning interventions required on site are identified and implemented to plan.
We’re looking for:
· People with significant HR experience, ideally within a high volume, fast paced and customer focused environment
· People who are focused on delivering the highest quality service to internal and external customers. Hiring and developing top talent is challenging.
· Communication skills are key if you are to help your stakeholders reach the right conclusions. Fluency in Spanish and English is essential.
· You need to have an ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
· Strong analytical skills; the ability to create, measure, and scale will help you get into the detail of your role at Amazon.
· Must be hands-on with high level of energy and professional skills to function effectively and independently in a demanding, fast-paced change-oriented environment.
· Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
· Experience in conducting trade union negotiations and in-house bargaining agreements with accurate and-up-to-date knowledge of Spanish labor regulations.
· People who are comfortable with everything from leading meetings to challenging the status quo. Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
· Experience of operating at HR Manager level with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on environment
· Significant prior HR Generalist experience, ideally in an international company possessing a strong-customer-focus and performance based culture
· Coaching and mentoring experience at management level
· Experience of managing a team of direct reports, and developing individuals to drive high performance
· Fluent English, Spanish and Catalan is required (both verbal and written communications, including narrative writing skills)
· Strong educational background - to at least degree level in HR and/or Employment Law
· Prior experience with HR information systems (e.g. peoplesoft)
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel
· Demonstrated data-analysis, problem-solving and decision-making capability
· Experience leading process improvement process (preferably utilizing Six Sigma or Lean tools)
· Demonstrated ability to motivate others and influence work behaviours
· High dependability - be there to support the business
· Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources
· Prior experience recruiting salaried and hourly employees
· High hiring bar recruiting experience
· Proven presentation and communication skills