APPLICANTS SHOULD BE MILITARY VETERANS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN A BACHELOR PROGRAM WITH AN EXPECTED GRADUATION DATE BETWEEN THE FALL OF 2016 THROUGH SPRING OF 2017.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Looking to become a big leader in a global Fortune 100 company where you can lead people, manage process, and technology in one of the world’s leading logistics, supply chain, transportation, and fulfillment operations? Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to over 120 million customers globally? Could you assume financial responsibilities that impacts both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? Do you want to build on your Military Leadership skills in the civilian sector? If your answer is yes, then the Area Manager may be right for you.
The Military Recruiting Team is looking for high potential candidates who served in the Armed Forces as Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs) and Petty Officers who are currently seeking their Bachelor’s degrees with a graduation date within the next 9 months.
Upon completion of your degree and the hiring process, you will begin as a front-line manager in our Fulfillment Centers. As a front-line manager, you will lead a team of 50-100 associates right away, while mastering the tools, processes and operations culture that have created Earth’s most customer centric company. You’ll have a chance to take on progressive assignments specifically designed to develop your analytical skills and enhance your scope of people leadership. You will engage in continuous improvement projects throughout the course of the program in order to gain efficiencies and productivity in your assigned area of responsibility. Our Area Mangers have experiences ranging from leading hundreds of people through our busiest time of year, to helping us to design the fulfillment centers, transportation strategies, and customer service innovations of the future.
The leadership lessons you developed while serving in the military will benefit you over the rest of your career. The ideal candidate would be graduating within the next 9 months with their Bachelor’s degree or has graduated within the last 6 months. This person would demonstrate a high analytical ability and strong people leadership skills. The goal is to extend job offers up to 9 months prior to completing the student veteran transition.
Locations and Placement
· The position could be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, or other operations nationwide
· The locations of these buildings are nationwide; the position will likely not be based out of Seattle
· Lead and develop a team of Amazon Associates
· Communicate policies to Associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Create, manage and support recognition and communication programs
· Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Walking in the building and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
· 3+ years of active duty or reserves as a Non-Commissioned or Petty Officer.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
· Excellent military record, including level of responsibility and leadership experiences.
· The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
· Bias for action and passion for rolling up sleeves and doing what it takes to “get it done”.
· Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly.
· Willingness to relocate if needed
You must also be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
· Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, General Management, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or a related field is a plus
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of an organization.