Amazon Operations:Human Resources Assistant Intern - University Fulfillment 2017
Job ID: 427276 | Amazon Fulfillment Svcs, Inc.
NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE
INTERVIEWS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BEGIN IN THE FALL OF 2016.
At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and now have become the universe’s most customer centric company. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
Read more about us.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
See why diversity is important to us.
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you’ll come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members
As a Human Resource Assistant (HRA) intern, the majority of your internship will be spent supporting a HR Business Partner and Manager at the one of Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers (FC). You will gain exposure to a wide array HR areas such as recruiting and selection, employee relations, compliance, and performance management. Additionally, during your internship you will dive into Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project. During your internship with Amazon you will have the opportunity to interact with Vice Presidents and other senior leaders, giving you the opportunity to learn from some of the best and brightest in the industry.
The HRA Intern is a leadership pipeline to our future positions at Amazon, so we are looking for high caliber individuals excited about a career in HR. If you want to be involved in creating the future of online retail, and are dynamic, organized, and a self-starter, join our Operations team as an HRA Intern, and be an integral part of the HR Team.
Your key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to the following):
· Recruiting and Selection: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting system management, and on-boarding.
· Employee Relations: Promote positive employee relations through survey management, roundtable facilitation, employee recognition projects and systems.
· Data Analytics: Produce and analyze reports to assist with labor planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting.
· Compensation/Payroll: Ensure payroll accuracy through audits, reporting, and proactive measures.
· Compliance: Provide policy expertise to clients, manage site drug testing program, and ensure pre and post-hire requirements are completed.
· Performance Management: Assist client groups with weekly and yearly performance management systems and tools ensuring complete and timely delivery.
Program Quick Facts:
· Term: 10 weeks
· Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
· Hours: You may be working a 4-day, 10 hour shift or a 5-day, 8 hour shift depending on your location. This could include a weekend day
· Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship.
· Locations: The position could be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, or other operations nationwide. The position will likely not be based out of Seattle
For a full list of locations, visit amazon.com/universityops
· Currently working towards a bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2017 and June 2018
· Willingness to relocate for the summer
· Willingness to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
· Willingness to work overtime as needed
· Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
· You are working towards a bachelor’s degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field (a plus).
· You have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· You have previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and Payroll Systems and/or HRIS (a plus).
· You have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources.
· You pride yourself in being organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
Amazon’s US Fulfillment Centers are located nationwide.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities given reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
· Lifting/moving material up to 49 pounds each.
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
· Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
· Standing/walking for up to 10-12 hours.
· Ascending/descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation.
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation).