Amazon Operations: Customer Service Intern - University 2017
Job ID: 427278 | Amazon Fulfillment Svcs, Inc.
NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE
INTERVIEWS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BEGIN IN THE FALL OF 2016
Customer Service Discover Internship
At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and now have become the universe’s most customer centric company. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
Read more about us.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
See why diversity is important to us.
Amazon Customer Service
Amazon Customer Service prides themselves on leading the industry in delivering an exceptional customer experience. Our buildings interact with tens of thousands of customers to solve their problems every day. In these key roles, you’ll come in to help us engage our workforce and come up with creative solutions to improve our customers’ experience. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members
Interested in a management role developing people, solving problems and driving innovation with one of the fastest growing companies? If you're a rock star leader who's ready to learn, take risks and be creative, we want to talk to you! Your internship will teach you what it takes to become an innovative, thought-provoking and inspiring leader within the company. You will learn the leadership skills necessary to motivate a team, effectively analyze metrics, identify problems and assess talent. During your internship with Amazon you will have visibility into one of the world’s best customer service worlds. You will also have the opportunity to interact with senior leadership, giving you the opportunity to learn from some of the industry’s best and brightest.
Your key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to the following):
· You will learn how our unique culture is integrated into our business model. You will use that knowledge to identify problems and demonstrate your understanding of becoming a leader at Amazon.
· You will work directly with a customer service manager to understand their responsibilities and partner with them to manage a team of associates.
· You will navigate and leverage resources provided by internal systems, departments, and policies, to develop performance goals, understand metrics and analyze data for your team.
· You will learn to spot talent potential, manage outliers and build development plans for associates.
· You will be encouraged to provide feedback and detect problems that could improve the overall customer experience. You will be given the opportunity to explore those issues and propose recommendations solutions to fix them.
· You will learn what motivates and drives your team’s engagement. You will have full creative privilege to come up with strategies and initiatives that encourage your team to have fun at work!
Program Quick Facts
· Term: 10 weeks.
· Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance.
· Hours: You maybe working a 4-day, 10 hour shift or a 5-day, 8 hour shift depending on your location. This could include a weekend day.
· Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship.
· Locations: Amazon’s Customer Service Network , Nationwide Opportunities Available
· Students must be working toward their Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2017 and Spring 2018
· Willingness to relocate if needed
· Willingness to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
· Willingness to work overtime as needed
· You must also be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
· Leadership! We are looking for students who are standing out and making a difference in their classes, student groups, part-time jobs and extra-curricular activities
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Analytic minded students who have a passion for data and creative thinking
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· Strong academic performance
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· You have a minimum GPA of 3.0
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation)