Amazon Operations: Loss Prevention Intern - University Fulfillment 2017
Job ID: 427280 | Amazon Fulfillment Svcs, Inc.
NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE
INTERVIEWS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BEGIN IN THE FALL OF 2016.
Loss Prevention Intern
At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and now have become the universe’s most customer centric company. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
Read more about us.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
See why diversity is important to us.
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you’ll come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing - some of our centers across the United States and Canada are over 1 million square feet! Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
Watch videos on our team members
As a Loss Prevention (LP) Intern, the majority of your internship will be working with the Loss Prevention team to lead the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset protection (to include people, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) in a designated fulfillment center. The LP Intern is a key member of the Security and LP organization, reports to the Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their facility and aids them in supporting the FC Operational team. The Loss Prevention Intern will also assist the cross functional teams within the site including Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Audit, Security Services-Retail/CS/Corp, WW Physical Security Systems and Design, and Inventory Control Quality Assurance.
The LP Intern’s primary responsibility will be supporting the efforts of the Loss Prevention team in the implementation of standardized, cost effective and efficient security services program for their assigned FC(s). This will be measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access and inventory control effectiveness, the protection of the FC’s employees and visitors and improvements to non-security department related productivity such as business continuity, product and equipment dependability, continuous flow, etc.
The intern will also assist in enhancing, tracking, and reporting on metrics which are key performance indicators that properly correlate to the department’s objectives and effectively indicate areas of opportunity and risk that allow the Loss Prevention team to prioritize, assess issues and expedite performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner. Additionally, during your internship you will dive into Standard Work and Continuous Improvement
Your key responsibilities may include (but are not limited to the following):
· You will ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to your area are fulfilled.
· You will assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud.
· You will manage access controls within the assigned FC to reduce the risk of unauthorized data access.
· You will inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members.
· You will align performance and actions with and clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and the department.
· You will meet or surpass your objectives that align with security service model.
· You will serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance.
· You will utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency.
· You will identify, promote and implement security best practices in a designated FC,
· You will effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives.
· You will coordinate data collection through database polling or data entry from multiple FCs and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations.
Program Quick Facts:
Term: 10 weeks
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
Hours: You may be working a 4-day, 10 hour shift or a 5-day, 8 hour shift depending on your location. This could include a weekend day.
Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship.
Locations: The position could be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, or other operations nationwide. This position will likely not be based out Seattle.For a full list of locations, visit amazon.com/universityoperations
· Students must be in their junior year working toward their Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2017 and Spring 2018
· Willingness to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
· Willingness to work overtime as needed for the summer
· Willingness to relocate if needed
· You must also be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
· You are working towards a bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Asset Protection, or other related field.
· You have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
· You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· You have a strong interest in a career in Operations/Supply Chain Management.
· You have experience implementing best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques.
· You have experience with warehouse or distribution center services.
· You have familiarity with dbases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, Access, etc.
· You have familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification.
· You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
· You have demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision and thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
· Proficiency in Excel and Word
For a full list of locations, visit: amazon.com/universityops.
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation)