We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
Amazon’s Fulfillment Technologies group is seeking an IT Support Engineer III to help build and manage a world class support infrastructure for our fulfillment teams across the globe. Are you looking for a new, interesting and challenging opportunity in a dynamic and changing IT support environment? Does supporting international teams and providing creative, high impact solutions to complex technology problems sound interesting? Amazon is looking for engineers to use their technical experience to help guide support teams and to improve processes, ensuring our customers get the best possible support. The IT Support Engineer III position will serve as a Technical Lead for our growing IT Remote Support Services (ITRSS) team. Position is opened in Prague, Czech Republic.
ITRSS is the initial point of contact for all technical issues in Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Amazon Logistics sites. ITRSS is responsible for providing Tier 1 to Tier 3 support, including server and network infrastructure, end-user support, robotics, imaging, and other specialized technical services. The support provided by this team will have global reach and support tens of thousands of Amazon employees. This team will serve as an escalation point for complex issues, optimization of services through the development of automation and remote support technologies. If you’re interested in a challenging position with a great company, the IT Support Engineer III position might be for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience.
· 3+ years of experience providing IT support in a multi OS (Linux, Windows, OSX) environment.
· 2+ years of experience providing general networking support to include network device (router, switch, or firewall) configuration.
· Masters in CS or related degree (Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.)
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Systems administration experience in Linux/Unix environment.
· Experience maintaining open source packages and/or working with the open source community.
· Experience packaging software with Red Hat Package Manager or Debian.
· Experience maintaining large scale Linux implementations.
· Experience with Bash, Python, Perl, C, C++, or Java.