IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Our website and mobile apps are in the top 30 properties across all content verticals. At over 130 million mobile user downloads, we are one of the largest mobile properties in the world. We sit at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology industries inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company.
We are seeking a very senior talented and highly motivated Technical Program Manager to help us map out and deliver the future of IMDb’s foundational software systems. Your first project will be to lead a company-wide effort to deprecate our legacy software systems and replace them with scalable, independent services. Over time, you will be instrumental in helping design and implement IMDb’s future platforms. This specific position is highly technical in nature and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about system design and building scalable software platforms. This is a rare opportunity to be a key player at the heart of the IMDb infrastructure.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to lead technical designs and requirements then collaborate with multiple teams to implement the new software. You will work with a best-in-class team of software developers and managers, product managers and designers to develop systems used by over 200 million people worldwide.
This role will report directly to our yet-to-be-hired Technical Director who also owns all of IMDb’s technical architecture. Please note that until we hire the Technical Director, you will temporarily report to IMDb’s Product Director.
· Drive technical discussions from concept through completion by working cross-functionally with software development engineers (including our principal engineers), product managers and senior leaders
· Write narratives to communicate ideas and projects that influence peers and senior management about our long-term vision
· Translate plans into requirements by identifying technical solutions, dependencies and blockers. Document technical solutions to ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to wide-ranging development teams across multiple organizations throughout the development cycle
· Define metrics for technical success and operational excellence, measure product success against those metrics, and iterate on tech designs and processes to achieve the highest quality execution
· Manage the company-wide initiative to deprecate our legacy software systems, work across teams to ensure everyone is on track for their respective deliverables and report progress to senior management
· 7+ years as a technical program manager in an agile environment, including writing requirements, prioritizing resources, creating/tracking development milestones, and working with engineers
· Ability to incorporate feedback from a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· Strong written and oral communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data to back up hypotheses. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree
· Ability to dive into the code to understand how systems work, reverse engineer requirements, etc. (Note that you won’t actually be writing production code in this role)
· Advanced technical degree
· Large scale system architecture experience
· Experience with both mobile and desktop technologies