Are you looking for the right opportunity to start your career?
Your search could potentially end right here!
Amazon is expanding rapidly and we are looking for talented candidates interested in working in a technically challenging and professional environment.
The Amazon premium support graduate job opportunity is a full time position and has a strong focus on training and development.
When you join AWS Support as a graduate, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and learn about many AWS services and the Operating Systems involved with our subject matter experts.
Below are some of the areas you will train in during your time with AWS Cloud Support.
Learn how to both use and troubleshoot the core AWS products like EC2, EBS, VPC, ELB, S3 and more. This course will include online training, instructor lead training and practical labs. By the end of this course you should be able to confidently take support cases from our AWS Support customers and troubleshoot to resolution.
We will take you through the basics of using Linux through to the Linux internals (how Linux works) and troubleshooting common issues. This training will include instructor lead training, online study and practical labs/projects. By the end of this course you should be able to confidently configure Linux servers, troubleshoot issues.
Gain Windows Server knowledge from basic administration through to deploying and configuring Microsoft products and troubleshooting common issues. This training will include Instructor lead training, online study and practical labs/projects. By the end of this course you should be able to confidently configure Windows servers, deploy & configure Microsoft products and troubleshoot Windows issues.
Study fundamental networking principles (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS) and learn how to troubleshoot routing and networking issues which will cover LAN, WAN and cloud networking. By the end of this course you should be able to confidently design cloud network solutions and troubleshoot complex networking issues.
Building Highly Available Web Applications
Have the opportunity to use many of the different AWS services in a cohesive fashion. Get an overview of all AWS services and architecture guidelines that we give our customers. Participate
in a group exercise of building a scalable solution on your own AWS account.
Architecting on AWS
Learn how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into a cloud solution. Because there is no one-size-fits-all design, this course highlights some AWS Cloud design patterns to help you learn how a service may fit in the overall cloud design. You will also learn what it’s like to work in one of the world’s biggest technology companies, study our leadership principles and gain experience on the day-to-day communication methods and workflows.
These are just some of the things possible and you will learn how to harness this technology when you join us!
On a daily basis you will be expected to:
· Apply advanced monitoring and troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
· Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
· Troubleshoot AWS services such as: EC2, EBS, VPC, ELB, S3;
· Work support cases from our AWS Support customers and troubleshoot to resolution;
· Configuring Linux servers;
· Deploying and configuring Windows servers, deploying & configuring Microsoft products and troubleshooting windows issues;
· Designing cloud network solutions and troubleshooting complex networking issues.
· Students who have graduated with a computer science, information technology or information systems type degree in the past 12 months.
· Students who are graduating within the next 12 months with a computer science, information technology, or information systems type degree.
· User level knowledge of below technologies:
o Linux (Basic administration)
o Networking (Basic)
o Internet fundamentals
· Passion to work with customers
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to juggle many tasks in a fast-moving environment
· Excited about technology
· Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts
· Experience with AWS
· Experience with scripting / programing
· Internship experience
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.