2016 is a year of firsts for gaming at Amazon. In February, Amazon released Lumberyard, a free, cloud connected game engine. In April, we moved to a state-of-the-art game studio and streaming facility. At TwitchCon we revealed some of our new projects to the world. What milestones will you be a part of?
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Twitch, Curse, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
New World is a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game that allows you to carve your own destiny with other players in a living, hostile, cursed land. How you play, what you do, and whom you work with or against is up to you. Live on your own amidst the supernatural terrors or join with others to build thriving civilizations. In this evolving world that transforms with the changing of the seasons, weather, and time of day, the only limit is your own ambition.
Amazon Games Studios is seeking a talented Player Relations Specialist, New World for our Amazon Games studio in Orange County, CA. Reporting to the Head of Community, New World, the Player Relations Specialist will be responsible of the relationship between the game studio and New World’s player community.
As the Player Relations Specialist, New World you have a long experience in the gaming industry, and thrive in facilitating the relationship between people that play games and people that make them. You are a master communicator, you empathize with the player experience, and at the same time you understand enough of game design and game development to be able to sit as a respected contributor at the same table with the rest of the game development team. You believe in authentic two-way conversations with the player community, and are as ready to advocate for the player perspective as you are to be an evangelist for the game team. You care about the vocal minority in the community, but you also want to find the needs of the silent majority to best arm the teams with the full picture. You know that trust is conquered in the long term and can be broken in an instant, and love the idea of protecting it.
Expectations of the Role:
· Develop a deep understanding of our players, their needs
· Gain mastery of New World’s gameplay and lore knowledge
· Engage with players daily in our forums, on Reddit and social media
· Manage moderation for the game and the game forums
· Identify opportunities for team contributions to the public discourse around the game
· Offer coaching and consulting to game teams, stepping in as requested to manage key conversations or emergency engagement
· Evangelize internally our Player Relation engagement philosophy and guidelines at AGS
· Administer internal engagement training, including reward programs for exemplary engagement
· Create weekly reports that actively impact on the studio decision-making and priority setting
· Compile accurate patch notes written in human and relatable terms, explaining the rationale behind the changes
· Coordinate with the central community, marketing and game teams, as well as Twitch, finance and legal
· Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams
· BA degree required
· Core Gamer, preference for MMOs or Survival Crafting
· 5+ years of experience in a community management or PR role in gaming
· Proven track record of excellent written communication
· Literate in game design and game development
· Experience with tracking player sentiment with analytics and reporting
· Passion for games and the gamer community
· Ability to travel
· Media PR
· Extensive MMO Guild Leadership
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.