Security Assurance TPM – Australia and New Zealand
Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to expand its global presence in multiple verticals in international public sectors, life sciences and healthcare, and financial services. Do you have an extensive background in security and compliance with a passion for working with customers to solve complex IT regulatory challenges with the cloud?
AWS offers a cloud platform with a global reach and AWS is looking for a passionate and experienced professional to lead the building and expansion of security risk and compliance programs in the ANZ region in support of our partners and customers. This role will provide thought leadership operating with a high degree of autonomy and visibility in assisting our partners and customers throughout the ANZ region to move their workloads and regulated data into the cloud by addressing their specific security, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
The ideal candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements, is willing to dive in to the details, can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing and is able to communicate at executive levels.
This key position requires specialized experience supporting ANZ regional assessments and authorization efforts and will have high visibility at the most senior levels, including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS Security Assurance team, will act as the primary Security Assurance interface with AWS customers and will work closely with AWS ANZ Sales and Solutions Architect teams, and the AWS business development and capture team. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships, be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends.
- Participate in ANZ assessment and authorization relevant discussions with AWS teams and AWS Customers. This includes synthesizing control requirements, and recommending and pursuing alternative approaches assisting customers in developing compliance roadmaps.
- Partner directly with AWS customers to review AWS compliance documentation and help them understand the implementation of AWS security requirements
- Work with customers to resolve concerns and to understand how compliance is achieved while operating IT in the AWS cloud through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations, and hands on demonstrations of compliance in the AWS environment
- Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
- Assist the AWS Security Assurance team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics.
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and events primarily in Australia, but also throughout the APAC region as it relates to Australian regulations and requirements.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with key government industry personnel and policy makers.
- Assist work of internal and external auditors or advisors as needed.
- Keep the AWS Security Assurance leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
- Experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a ANZ compliance efforts
Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes; experience in working directly with senior government officials and/or auditors
- Clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- Demonstration of innovative compliance approaches in non-traditional IT environments (cloud)
- Experience and proficiency in public speaking
- Familiarity with Australian acquisition processes and developing relevant proposals
- Experience defining compliance roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
- Intermediate or better level of knowledge of certification requirements of an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) under the above-mentioned compliance programs