Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) market as part of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Public Sector? Would you like to work as part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of AWS by engaging with our DoD customers, as well as consulting and technology partners from Amazon’s Partner Network (APN), to transform public sector IT strategy through cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Business Development/Capture Manager for AWS focusing on the DoD, including Combatant Commands (COCOMs), the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, and Military Health markets, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, and other AWS services).
Work with the internal team to develop and maintain a multi-year pipeline of cloud-related opportunities, develop and oversee implementation of bid strategies, proposal approaches and technical solutions, and help with written proposals for RFI/RFQ/RFP/BAA (i.e. RFx) and IDIQ Contracts for customers and APN partners.
Work with the field and partner sales teams to close business at a rapid rate and scale the capture acumen within the sales culture to include improved RFx responses, pre-RFx customer education and shaping, and even unsolicited proposal initiatives.
Handle classified DoD materials and attend classified meetings as needed.
Possess a deep industry background that enables them to engage and communicate effectively in a wide range of technical and business discussions with internal AWS colleagues, APN partners, and end customers.
Have demonstrable technical depth and the expertise to support account managers and solution architects in development of innovative cloud-based solutions, proposal win themes, and technical differentiators.
Have hands-on experience in the full life cycle of capture management resulting in capture of individual contracts valued in excess of $50M.
Successful candidates will identify bid opportunities through direct interactions with existing and prospective DoD customers, as well as through a wide range of industry forums and procurement resources. Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team identifying and responding to RFx opportunities
Have experience with government acquisition guidelines and RFx compliance requirements.
Our BD/Capture Manager often develops, manages and executes the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, contracts, and proposal support) to understand and navigate government procurement processes and procedures. You will be a thought leader with respect to program pursuit, proposal responses, win themes, ROI/TCO analyses, technical discriminators, innovative business solutions and strategies, and pricing.
· Minimum 10 years of hands-on, full life cycle BD/Capture experience
· Demonstrable ability to win IT services or solutions related awards valued at $50M+ in the U.S. DoD market
· B.S. in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
· DoD Secret clearance (or be eligible for reinstatement)
· Account or large program management experience in the DoD market
· Enterprise sales experience, including successful large program ($50M+) capture
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in both technical and analytical domains and experience identifying bid opportunities and leading proposal responses to RFx’s
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
· A good understanding of government procurement and government contract vehicles
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team, partners, and customers
· Solid ability to develop, communicate, and document strategic programs and initiatives to stakeholders and executive management alike
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/defense/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.