IMDb is looking for a senior technical leader for our Media engineering team. IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content. The IMDb consumer site (www.imdb.com) is the #1 movie website in the world with an audience exceeding 270 million unique monthly visitors. In website traffic, we rank 29th in the United States and 54th in the world! We are an independent subsidiary of Amazon combining the advantages of a start-up environment with the benefits of a customer obsessed Fortune 500 company.
As a technical manager for IMDb Media, you will be responsible for building a modern, video-centric user experience across the websites and apps. The video frameworks you will be responsible for will provide a responsive, seamless, and engaging experience. You will partner with business and technical leaders across the company in initiating, prioritizing, owning, and driving the vision, the strategy, the product roadmap, and the technical deliverables. You and your team will own the technical investments necessary to migrate to the Amazon Video (AV) platform to deliver performant, high-quality video experiences.
Specific responsibilities include staffing, managing, and leading a high performing development team; informing and driving long term product strategy; and, being a key player in our 2017 video initiatives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Degree in math, computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience planning, designing, developing, and shipping quality software, including highly scalable systems and experience with service-oriented architecture
- 3+ years' experience managing a team in a software development organization that delivered commercial software or software-based services
- Proven leadership skills and teamwork skills. You have experience guiding and mentoring software development engineers
- Proven ability to work and deliver effectively in a customer-focused, cross-functional team
- Strong, user-focused technical collaborator
- Hands-on expertise with technologies for building reusable software components and frameworks
- Experience with performant streaming media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- A proud history of delivering significant results in both desktop and mobile spaces
- Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and experience managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for movies, TV, and entertainment