Sr Product Manager, Private Brands - Amazon Active Apparel
Job ID: 474498 | Amazon Corporate LLC
(SR) PRODUCT MANAGER, PRIVATE BRANDS – AMAZON ACTIVE APPAREL
The Amazon Fashion Private Label Team is looking for a passionate merchant/product creator, with a proven ability in building and driving dynamic apparel businesses across complex internal and external environments. The candidate will collaborate with leadership to build authentic activewear private label brands that have compelling and unique DNA and deliver amazing consumer valued innovation. The ideal candidate will provide strategic vision and develop short and long term initiatives to deliver explosive, sustainable growth. He/she will be a thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader with a proven ability to influence and maximize the business externally and internally and will strive to earn trust quickly throughout the organization. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment and grow and inspire a team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
· Driving financial growth, productivity and profit along with the day to day management of product development, merchandising, key supplier/vendor relationships and customer experience.
· Creating authentic activewear assortments across factory direct and/or outsourced product development business models considering price, quality, aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors.
· Leading and empowering a team to manage all critical elements of the businesses once launched and to meet financial and operational goals and exceed our customers expectations.
· Analyzing inputs from multiple sources to synthesize into clear business driving recommendations for leadership and the team.
· Driving efficiency and focus, identifying gaps and opportunities across all parts of the business from process to product.
· Negotiating from a position of strength to achieve line targets across all inputs such as product costs, accruals, damages, freight, etc.
· Attracting, developing and retaining a team high achieving team of product line managers/merchants/buyers across multiple categories and at various levels.
· Developing and nurturing strong relationships internally and externally across entire product engine: Design, Tech, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Planning & Marketing
· Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred
· 8+ years relevant experience in product management, merchandising, buying at companies with strong brand ID
· Excellent verbal, written and motivational communication skills
· Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
· Ability to influence, interact and navigate cross functional areas to create a finely tuned product ecosystem
· Experience building and developing a team of product line managers/merchants/buyers representing multiple categories
· Ability to study (athletic) trends, customer behavior and shopping patterns and convert them into product and program initiatives
· Strong product sensibility and high taste level
· Proven ability to develop and achieve seasonal financial and merchandise plans
· Savvy negotiation skills and experience with vendor management
· Strong numeric and analytic aptitude
· Desire to roll-up sleeves and work tactically as well as broadly
· Domestic and international travel
· Strong technical aptitude with web-based tools and intermediate to advanced proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite
· MBA preferred
· Established relationships in fashion and/or athletic apparel, supply chain or vendor community
· Experience driving a business on a digital platform
· Passion for sport, athletes and those living an active lifestyle