Do you want to be an integral part of the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content? IMDb is looking for a Sr. UX Designer to create best-in-class media experiences for IMDb’s 250MM+ audience of passionate entertainment consumers. We seek a designer who is customer focused and has a love for movies, television, and online video content.
As Media Designer, you will create new media experiences, helping our customers discover, decide and watch entertainment content they love. You will drive UX design from concept to creation, working closely with the UX team, product management, developers, and IMDb's executive leadership.
As an ideal candidateyou obsess over the details, from how information is architected to the best ways to leverage visual design to communicate an idea. You’re comfortable thinking big, envisioning design solutions across multiple platforms, and diving deep to explore all possible paths in order to deliver engaging customer experiences. You repeatedly explore and translate ambiguous business requirements and design concepts into precise interactive and visual design specifications for development and implementation. You identify and define UI patterns and best-practice guidelines to help unify design projects and process throughout the company.
· Create user-centered designs that incorporate business requirements, market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
· Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, user flows, and interaction specifications
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Absolute minimum of 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, mobile/app/web designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience.
· An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across desktop and mobile devices (flows, prototypes, wireframes) AND solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
· Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
· Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Proficiency in UX design and prototyping tools
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Proven track record presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to senior executive management
· Proficiency with web and accessibility standards.
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Enjoy learning new design tools to keep abreast of the state of the art of design technology