Content/ Data Editor (inc. weekend coverage)
Database Content IMDb
Do you want to help keep IMDb as the world's #1 source of entertainment content? Are you passionate about customer experience and entertainment, have an eye for detail and want to innovate on behalf of our customers? If you are, this could be the role you've been looking for.
The Database Content Team play an essential role at IMDb, ensuring that the content - from which our Consumer, Professional and Mobile experiences are built from - is complete and correct. Our Bristol-based team is responsible for vetting the data submissions generously contributed by people from all over the world. We are passionate about publishing all valid data as rapidly as possible. To achieve this, we are continuously innovating on our policies, workflows and tools, with the support of a team of engineers who are our allies in serving our customers.
This position requires an analytically oriented person who enjoys innovating with large, complex content workflows. You’ll demonstrate the ability to build, develop and manage valuable long standing relationships with customers; both internal and external. You'll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and strong follow-through, focused on improving the customer experience and delivering the right results.
This is an exciting time as we have recently switched to staffing a full team 7 days per week in our Bristol office. This position is open explicitly to build on the team of Content/ Data Editors working weekends, so be aware that the successful applicant will be expected to work every Saturday and Sunday plus 3 other days during the week.
Did we 'have you at Hello'?
· Available to work every weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
· Superlative attention to detail
· Excellent organizational skills combined with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Passion for movies, TV and entertainment
· Prior experience of working in or closely to a software development team - writing technical briefs/stories and project/product managing software improvements
· Prior experience of content managements systems
· Experience of manipulating large data sets in Excel and creating engaging, user-friendly reports
· Knowledgeable about software development processes with database and web technologies
· SQL and prior experience of querying complex databases to analyze and interpret patterns in customer behaviour
· An excellent systems-thinker who loves improving workflow and technology systems inside organizations
· Prior experience of user generated content sites, to include insights into the motivations of contributor communities and how to better support and engage them
· Ability to communicate in multiple languages, both written and verbal
· Agile and Scrum experience
· Prior experience of Regular Expressions (RegEx)