Amazon seeks an experienced commercial finance leader to join its fast growing Marketplace or Seller Services business (based in Munich at our Germany HQ). Our Marketplace business includes two key strategic channels within the International Consumer business – MFN (Merchant Fulfilled Network) and FBA (Fulfilment by Amazon). In this role, you will have ownership of all financial aspects of the FBA business for the German Marketplace. You will also support various financial aspects of overall Marketplace business for Germany. You will partner closely with the Marketplace and FBA teams, Retail teams in all EU countries, finance and other business groups, to create and support the financial and operational plans.
Responsibilities will include:
· Lead the finance work supporting the FBA team in DE and Hardlines categories for both FBA and MFN
· Provide excellent leadership, thought partnership, and support to the Director of DE FBA with strong Financial support as well as various business partners Seller Services business teams. Provide strong analytical support and project analyses, evaluate business proposals, and lead various ad-hoc analyses.
· Manage a team of 1-2 Analysts.
· Analyse and explain current and historic performance, provide effective commercial business challenge to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are achieved or exceeded.
· Lead the forecasting and planning work for DE FBA, including strong communication and interaction with leadership and other teams and stakeholders.
· Develop efficient reporting tools to support decision-making and delivery of goals.
· Collaborate closely with business team in monitoring goals, understanding variances to goals, and identifying actions required to get back on track.
· Own financial controllership of the business unit, including P/L management and support of month-end close.
· multiple years experience with strong academic background combined with finance qualification and/or MBA/Masters or equivalent. years experience with strong academic background combined with finance qualification and/or MBA/Masters or equivalent.
· Experience from a fast-paced environment and/or a blue-chip company.
· Proven commercial finance / business partnering experience within a complex matrix-organization.
· Robust analytical skills, including the ability to dive deep into details and work hands-on.
· Able to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively.
· Able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
· Strong verbal & written communication skills.
· Able to operate at all levels, by staying connected to the details as well as being able to step back and see the bigger picture.
· Strong business judgment and good instincts.
· Ability to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads and successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
· Prefer MBA / Masters degree
· Prefer strong COGNOS and SQL skills
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a host of other benefits.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV and a letter of motivation in one document (max. 5 MB).
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.