Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Manager
Job ID: 495722 | AMZN Spain Fulfillment, S.L.U.
ICQA Area Manager (m/f)
Do you aim to have a dynamic impact on the world?
Do you want to go beyond what’s possible?
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
We’re seeking a competent, efficient ICQA Area Manager to take ownership of our Fulfilment Centre Inventory Control and Quality Assurance. Our Fulfilment Centres sit at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. In each Fulfilment Centre, our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
These Fulfilment Centres are fast-paced and high reward environments, where adherence to policies and procedures is key. So, we’ll need the right type of leader to ensure that we deliver as reliably as ever to our customers, while making sure our teams deliver on performance and quality of service.
Your role and responsibilities:
· Ensure KPIs are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform control and quality analysis on any behaviours/processes that could impact on inventory integrity,
· Gain expertise in key Fulfilment Centre process paths, as well as exception handling; we’ll need you to ensure that process discipline is adhered to across all shifts and departments,
· Measurement of quality and inventory integrity and accuracy, while providing quality assurance feedback to the Operations management team,
· Liaise with Area Managers and Operations Managers to aid the communication of all policies related to process discipline,
· Coordinate inventory control maintenance and random counts in accordance with network count strategies, ensuring compliance and consistency with SOX,
· Plan for and identify root causes of inventory deviation, via cause and effect analysis,
· Review and analyse customer complaints and any defect data, followed by development of corresponding action plans to reduce future incidents,
· Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (front-line supervisors), as well as hourly associates, in Inventory Control / Quality Assurance operations within the Fulfilment Centre,
· Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Fulfilment Centre’s operation,
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with our policies and procedures, including:
· Interviewing and training Fulfilment Centre employees,
· Assuming full accountability for setting and meeting of operational goals,
· Strategic planning and forecasting, alongside assigning and directing work,
· Appraising performance of team members,
· Rewarding and disciplining employees, as well as developing Area Managers,
· Drive process improvements and team members’ ability to keep pace with our rapid growth, while motivating others and reducing employee turnover,
· Collaborate with all department managers to identify and understand key projects, initiatives and system enhancements,
· Work with Loss Prevention teams to establish, influence and adhere to Loss Prevention policies and procedures,
· Participate in network-wide Fulfilment & Operations-focused quality initiatives.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university,
· Previous Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Management experience,
· Experience with WMS Systems,
· You possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, (Spanish and English);
· You have a demonstrated, solid proficiency in time management skills, alongside confidence in organising vast amounts of data,
· Must be a resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment,
· Proven ability to influence, with varying levels of seniority within an organisation,
· Fluent user of the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel; MS Access experience is a plus,
· Previous supervisory experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment,
· Strong understanding of finance and accounting functions, with a grasp of how inventory and accounts relate to each other,
· Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation and intelligence,
Candidates must be flexible to work shifts including weekends
· Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus.
· Strong analytical abilities, including proficient mathematical and data analysis skills,
· You’re APICS certified,
· You’re ideally able to swiftly pick up new software systems and data analysis tools,
· Experience with Six Sigma methodologies and techniques.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.