Would you like to join us to help shape the future of the video entertainment industry?
Amazon Video delivers ground-breaking digital video services and award-winning original programming instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles, and TVs worldwide. We have opportunities for talented software developers, testers, product managers, and technical leaders to join our development teams in London to work on global features in our commerce platform. You will be pushed to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
Within Amazon Video, the Commerce team is responsible for the Amazon customer experience in purchasing and subscribing to video content, from surfacing the most relevant offers and ensuring transactions succeed to handling the lifecycle of everything they have bought. We are seeking software developers to build the services that power all of Amazon Video devices and web globally. This job will challenge you on various fronts – You will solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run Amazon Video worldwide by collaborating with many teams. You should have an established background in launching distributed and/or web services for consumer-facing products, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a rapidly changing environment, and, of course, a real passion for TV and film.
· Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, Scala, C#, or C++
· Ability to work on a diverse team to deliver results in a dynamic environment
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations