At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical Big Data/Hadoop Architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements.
This consultant will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects from a hands-on approach. Customer engagements will focus on providing solutions such as HPC, batch data processing, Big Data and Business intelligence and will specifically focus on Data processing capabilities. This will aid our customers and partners in removing the constraints that prevent them from leveraging their data to develop deep business insights.
You will be a critical part of the Professional Services team at AWS. This team engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Focus for success in this role includes:
· Technical Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and Amazon Redshift.
· Solid Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged Big Data service offerings.
· Superior Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
· 5+ years’ experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
· Superior customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the business, service offerings, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
· Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, noSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Implementation and tuning experience for Apache Hadoop + tools such as Pig and Hive.
· Current hands-on implementation experience required;
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
· Ability to travel to client locations when needed.
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce + tools such as Pig and Hive.
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet