Software Development Engineer (Amazon Kinesis Ecosystem)
Job ID: 510322 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Amazon Kinesis is powering many of the real-time technologies you use and see today. And we do this at a colossal scale; worldwide Kinesis works with billions of events and petabytes of data each day in support of many thousands of customers running mission-critical real-time applications. Customers like Major League Baseball (MLBAM) are using Kinesis to ingest game data, analyze it, and deliver the insights to viewers as they happen. Similarly Sonos is using Kinesis to collect and analyze real-time data from millions of devices to provide better experiences to their customers. They choose Kinesis because the fully managed service makes real-time data ingestion, processing, and delivery easy, all at a low cost. As a result of these benefits customers of every size are moving quickly from batch to real-time processing. At the same time Kinesis continues to push the technical boundaries of real-time processing and we are growing our team to support these game changing innovations. As a member of our team you'll get to work on a variety of technologies, including but not limited to new customer facing features, APIs, Open-Source technologies, and core distributed systems.
We are looking for talented developers to build the next generation of the Kinesis Ecosystem. In your new job, you will build client components allowing customers to effortlessly produce and consume streaming data. You need to be versatile and armed with technical knowledge across a set of programming languages and tools. You will need to be a developer who loves community involvement, who is customer obsessed, and have a knack for building Open Source software.
As part of this job you’ll get to:
· Solve tough problems that will make your nerdiest friends jealous
· Design, write and release software to the Open Source community
· See your innovations in use by ‘real’ customers – small, large and really large
· Collaborate with some of the leading minds in distributed systems and Big Data
· Work in a team-oriented, solution-focused environment
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Fluency with at least two of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, node.js
· Open Source tools know-how (e.g. github, Jenkins, ..)
· In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
· Proven track record of customer obsession and team work
· Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
· 8+ years of software development experience
· Experience with data streaming applications (Kinesis, Kafka, Samza, Spark Streaming, Storm)
· Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
· Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
· Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing