Hurry! We have a Software Development Manager role open on Woot, Amazon’s subsidiary that pretends to be a deals website but in reality is a front to post silly videos, crazy write-ups, and host fun communities of puzzle solvers, gif posters, and bargain hunters. Ok, we also have some of the best deals on a great selection of stuff, including our famous Bag of Crap and Woot shirts. Behind all this is surprisingly some pretty gnarly technical challenges, high scale distributed systems, using the latest in cloud technologies and modern software development processes. Trust me, I was as surprised as anyone. Bags of Crap are no laughing matter to our customers, until they are delivered.
As the development manager of our Woot Experience team, you will have full technical ownership of building a system to support new initiatives and rework existing front end systems. You will work directly with product managers, UX designers, business leaders, and customers and suppliers directly to define and build features. You will work with emerging technologies (the best of AWS) to develop features that require creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus in order to meet business needs. If there’s a buzzword you want on your resume, we are definitely the right role to collect some that will get your LinkedIn profile humming.
Responsibilities include direct management of engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and collaboration with resources across teams. Successful candidates will be leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands the e-commerce space, and will help us identify and meet customer needs. And in case it isn’t obvious already, a sense of humor would likely help. Look at our site. We’re goofy by nature.
· Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, or related field
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of experience managing a software development team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
· Experience with front-end technologies and rendering
· Experience building customer and developer facing products and services
· Experience with C# .NET, Java, C++, or similar languages and frameworks
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Experience with web and mobile web frameworks
· Experience building back-end .NET applications