Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built the state-of-the-art Text-to-Speech system and cloud services Amazon Polly and Amazon Alexa. Our technology is available through Amazon Web Services (AWS) and powers devices such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Fire Tablets and FireTV. And this is just the beginning. We’re on to build the Star Trek computer and you have a chance to be part of this. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
We are looking for an innovative and highly motivated UX Data Scientist to join our TTS(Text-to-Speech) Voice Production team. As a UX Data Scientist you will work in close cooperation with Audio Engineers and Speech Scientists who are subject matter experts in speech-related areas. You will work on creating, organizing and analyzing perceptual tests that will ensure the highest quality for our speech-based products. You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about UX research, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused on impacting the user experience of the Alexa and Polly services. You should have broad skills in data analysis, user research, product research, quality assurance methodologies and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts.
· Bachelor’s degree in Product Management, UX / CX research, Computer Science or related field preferred.
· Exceptional data-collection and analysis skills
· Several years of experience in physical, web, mobile, product usability research.
· Strong track record of UX research that had measurable impact on product improvements.
· Strong understanding of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
· Hands-on experience with lab-based user testing, remote testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, and survey design
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
· Masters degree
· Background in perceptual tests aimed at assuring high quality of speech services
· Experience with agile/iterative development and project management methodologies
· Background in linguistics
· Background in Digital Signal Processing and audio