At Amazon we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. If you would like to help us building the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance. We are currently looking for a highly analytical and forward-thinking Finance Analyst to strengthen our team based in Luxembourg.
The Amazon Marketplace is in 11 countries and is growing faster than Amazon. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon’s ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique SKUs, providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics, Apparel, Consumables and beyond. Our business currently represents approximately half of the Amazon units sold, and is still growing. The Marketplace organization drives the Selling on Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of Sellers around the world to sell to more than 200 million customers. Amazon Marketplace Finance is a key participant in driving this mission and insures solid controls of its objectives.
The responsibilities of this position are:
· Maintain continuous improvement of the finance processes
· Analyze and comment actual cost variances vs. plan and forecast
· Gather finance data and perform analysis using tools including MS Excel, Cognos/Essbase
· Develop and maintain Organization Unit level based P&Lin MS Excel and other reporting tools
· Support internal customer groups in all finance matters including budgeting, forecasting, expense tracking and control
· Contribute to the development of Seller Support finance planning and analysis tools and files into an EU wide integrated approach
· Provide financial and business analysis to business partners including cost-saving and process improvement recommendations
· Work with the functional leaders and other finance partners to build scalable financial processes and business metrics
· Ensure accurate calculation of the accruals and gathering of the accruals from the responsible partners
· Bachelor or Master degree in Finance or related field
· 4+ years of experience in Finance
· Enjoy learning by doing.
· Proficient Excel experience and very comfortable with software and tools. You like playing with numbers and building analytical models.
· High attention to details and like to structure and organize things so that they make sense. You see things through to the end, iron out the wrinkles and ensure everything works well.
· Some experience with VBA and SQL
· Strong communication skills in word and written