- Review application status
- Amazon culture & benefits
- Job categories
- language dropdown menuEnglish
- English, British
- Español (Europeo)
- Português, Brasil
Software Developer - Amazon Alexa Machine Learning Team - Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square)..
Alexa Machine Learning Platform team has multiple openings for mid to senior level Software Development Engineers in our state of the art Cambridge Development Center.
All-New Amazon Echo
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo, Speech and Language Understanding, or Computer Vision? We’re building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the Digital Products Machine Learning Data Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core platform features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, Objective C, C++
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
· Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· MS in Computer Science
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon.com, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Tags: Amazon, Amazon Alexa Echo, Internet of Things, IoT, AWS, Java, Java, Java, C++, C++, C, cloud, cloud, machine learning, machine learning, ML, speech recognition, speech recognition, distributed systems, distributed, big data, big data, computer vision, CV, NLU, natural language understanding, automatic speech recognition, ASR, AWS, Amazon Web Services, large scale distributed systems, Boston jobs at Amazon, Boston Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, Kendall Square, software development engineer, senior software engineer,