EC2 has changed the landscape for computing - from startups through the Fortune 500. This culture of innovation has permanently altered how individuals and business think about computing resources.
EC2 is looking to change the game again with a totally new and disruptive model of computing. We are hiring innovative engineers for AWS Outposts - a start-up like opportunity to build a new line of business, with new technologies, from the ground-up within EC2.
We aim to hire the best and brightest engineers. Engineers who will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and open environment, who aren't afraid to dive-deep to solve seemingly impossible challenges, who want to build rock solid 24x7 never-fail, highly-secure, software at world-class scale and who obsess over customers.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree or 4+ year's equivalent software experience
· Minimum of 3 years experience delivering commercial software in a major systems language such as C++, Java or Go.
· Minimum of 3 years scripting experience in Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Perl, or other common system maintenance languages.
· Working knowledge of network security include familiarity with TLS, VPN protocols and PKI generally.
· Working knowledge of virtualization and containerization e.g. Xen, KVM, Docker and/or Kubernetes.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
Experience and expertise in any of:
· Linux system internals
· Web proxy technologies including caching
· Distributed computing
· HA architecture for mission critical applications