Playback Services - Software Development Engineer (Amazon Video)
Job ID: 544139 | Amazon Corporate LLC
Amazon Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO, and live events like Thursday Night Football. Our architecture operates at Amazon-scale, engineered for reliability, scalability, and performance. We continuously raise the bar for playback reliability, video start time, and image quality. Amazon Video runs on thousands of device types in over 200 territories worldwide.
The Playback Services team designs, implements, and operates the customer-facing services that power playback for all of Amazon Video. Every server-side action that happens when our customers hit play is powered by our systems.
Our architecture serves billions of requests per day, with obsessively high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, IoT, CloudFront, and internal AWS incubator technologies.
Successful candidates have a solid background in modern programming languages, distributed system design, service-oriented architecture, and high scalability. Experience in big data and machine learning is a plus. Equally important is the ability to multi-task, invent, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
· 3+ years of end to end engineering and problems solving skills directly associate with design, development, and implementation of solutions using Java, C#, or C++
· Demonstrated and proven experience producing viable and scalable solutions using fundamentals of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
· Knowledge and implementation of design patterns
· Proven large scale system design skills
· Working knowledge of service-oriented architecture
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
· Experience with big data and/or machine learning
· Experience with functional and/or scripting languages
· Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience mentoring/leading other engineers