The Regional Environmental Engineer (REE) will be responsible for environmental compliance at Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers in Germany. The REE will develop standards and policies to support regulatory compliance and provide environmental compliance guidance for regional operations and construction teams. The individual will complete environmental performance analysis, establish and monitor metrics, and guide the teams in implementation of Amazon environmental standards. The REE will work with internal and external partners that include government entities, contractors, consultants, design, construction, operations and other key stakeholders. This position is based in the Frankfurt region and will require limited domestic and international travel.
The Regional Environmental Engineer must have excellent communication skills, strong environmental regulatory knowledge, particularly with respect to German regulations, demonstrated success in program management, and experience leading teams in complex and technical projects.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of study
· 7+ years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, program specialist, or program manager
· Experience with regulatory assessments, air permit evaluations and applications, NPDES and POTW requirements, and waste management
· Broad knowledge of German and EU environmental regulations
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization
· Experience successfully implementing environmental systems
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach at multiple levels
· Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VP’s
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability