Senior Manager Transportation, EU Public Policy
Job ID: 562029 | Amazon Deutschland Servcs GmbH
The Senior Manager Transportation, EU Public Policy will lead the public policy team’s advocacy efforts for Amazon’s transportation policy (road, train and air transportation as well as parcel delivery) at the EU level. The Senior Manager will also coordinate Amazon’s engagement in relevant trade associations and coalitions and assist with outreach to relevant Member State authorities when relevant for EU policy.
The Senior Manager Transportation will work with the EU public policy, legal, operations, Amazon Transport and Logistics business and Amazon Prime Air to establish the public policy and advocacy agenda for the aforementioned areas. The Senior Manager will be responsible for effectively educating legislators, key officials, and their staff about Amazon excellence in the field of transportation/logistics and our efforts to put customers first and innovate. The Senior Manager will monitor and report relevant legislative and regulatory activity, develop positioning and mitigation/engagement strategies, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
As appropriate, the Senior Manager will work with others on the European Public Policy team to facilitate high-level meetings for executives and business leaders with key policymakers, association executives, and other relevant stakeholders.
As a member of the EU public policy team, the Senior Manager will cultivate relationships with the EU Commission and the Parliament. Whenever relevant EU legislation would benefit from national level engagement, he/she will inform the country team. The Senior Manager will work with the team to determine, maintain, and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and political organizations.
The position is based in Brussels, spending at least one week each month on travel throughout the EU.
· A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with—and a keen working understanding of—the European Union’s policymaking process in relevant sectors and related outreach activities.
· Policy experience in equivalent position within industry (preferably in the transport sector), within a public administration, in corporate government relations, and/or in a trade association.
· Experience managing policy issues related to logistics, road/train transport, sea freight, aviation, and parcel delivery.
Fluent in English and another working language of the EU, particularly French or German.
· Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. You can create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and you can persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences. You can interject your point intelligently, concisely, and in a friendly way.
· High personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity. People in your industry regard you with the strongest professional reputation.
· A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of functional groups across an organization to get the information you need.
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills. You can intelligently build a course of action, analyse trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
· Critical thinking. You can process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
· A collaborative work attitude, used to work in multi-disciplined teams including legal and operations teams.
· A solid understanding of (or a desire to learn) about innovative technologies and new ways of delighting customers.
· An ability and desire to travel.
· Fluent in multiple EU working languages is a plus.