Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated technical program manager with focus on content creation to join the AWS Security Assurance team. The successful candidate will help manage and build multiple projects focused on building tools, architectural guidance and other written material focused on compliance at scale. This role will focus on both tracking, driving and management of projects and programs but will also have a very active hands-on role on creating content. The content includes both development/scripting of tools as well as technical writing for new content and editing of existing material.
This role will also work with various stakeholders in other parts of the organization for both tracking and reporting status but also on editing, content creation and delivery of written material such as blogs, articles and whitepaper content.
* Work with stakeholders to understand the business requirements and translate these requirements into technical/functional specifications. Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches; lead development and engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. Balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Work with AWS Compliance SA’s and engineers to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify inter-dependencies between concurrent pro
* Help drive and create technical communications across multiple platforms including web, whitepapers, and events
* Help develop tools and applications around discovery, automation and remediation
* Editor/writer for best practices and other technical content such as whitepaper content and blogs
* Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact
* Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
* Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
· 5+ years’ experience as technical writer and editor
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
· 3+ years’ experience working with Cloud Computing technologies
· 3+ years’ experience of active development and scripting languages (Python, node, etc)
· 4+ years experience working on a software development team (as a developer, dev manager, QA engineer, or TPM) managing projects and writing technical specifications and documentation
Possess drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
* PMP Certification
* Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
* Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including published whitepapers
* An understanding of compliance regimes (such as, PCI, SOC, ISO, HIPAA)
* Experience interpreting and communicating analytics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
**For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email email@example.com
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/