IT Support Engineer
At Amazon, we’re working to become Earth’s most customer-centric company, where anyone can find, discover and buy anything they desire.
We’re seeking a talented and motivated IT Support Engineer to join our industry-leading Fulfilment Centres. We need sharp minds like yours keeping an eye on things. Specifically, on all aspects of our system support and IT infrastructure. That includes computer hardware, software, server capabilities, and more.
In your crucial role, you’ll function both on-site and in an on-call capacity to support our Fulfilment Centre. Reporting into the IT Manager responsible for your site, you’ll work with fellow engineers and wider teams from across Operations to implement and maintain critical IT infrastructure. You’ll also provide day-to-day system support to meet business needs.
Your role and responsibilities:
· A bachelor's degree,
· Ensuring IT infrastructure and equipment runs at optimum performance, verifying that departmental Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site,
· Supervising the day-to-day management of IT Technicians and Engineers, while coordinating and take care of the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure, while keeping continuous improvement of processes in mind,
· Perform random site audits on technical infrastructure, ensuring consistency to the most up to date IT guidelines, as well as those for Health and Safety,
· Liaise contractors and external suppliers; you’ll also clearly communicate any technical issues,
· Actively undertake project management duties:
· Provide technical support/input, for team projects across your site,
· Keep key partners informed of project progress, while maintaining project documentation. Remain committed to and focused on internal customers, delivering outstanding service,
· Coordinate asset and inventory management, including checks and audits, always according to Amazon’s standards and processes,
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand,
· Represent the IT department in Fulfilment Centres site meetings and conference calls,
· Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers, whilst acting as the technical point of contact for remote support teams.
Basic qualifications and skills:
· Previous experience of Linux/Unix and MS Windows System support,
· Detailed understanding of core Internet technologies, including Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model,
· Comfortable in a customer-facing, technical role requiring solid technical capability, alongside excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of seniority,
· Previous experience supervising a team,
· Demonstrated project management capability, especially in technical task execution,
· Strong analytical skills with a progressive flair for problem solving and a tactful ability to operate autonomously in most situations, to successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities,
· Attention-to-detail: you’re conscientious in developing clear and concise documentation,
· You possess a demonstrable willingness to learn and apply new technology, as well as the capacity to travel for up to 25% of your work,
· This position will involve some physical labour:
· IT Support Technicians may need to work in confined spaces, possibly in 48-inch crawl spaces, or inside air handlers,
· Lifting up to 40kg,
· Site cleanliness and maintenance work,
· Working at height, in elevated spaces.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· Vendor certification in Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless,
· IT / ICT higher education qualification,
· Previous experience in a dynamic environment with a high degree of customer service,
· Help Desk or Technical Support management experience,
· Telecom knowledge, including VOIP / SIP and mobile, would be advantageous,
· You’re able to coordinate with corporate-based support groups, in order to implement IT modifications.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.