The Amazon Digital Payments Tech Team’s vision is to delight our customers with the best payment experience in the world! To achieve this vision, we are in search of a talented technical leader and craftsman who builds robust software that scales as well as client-facing features which are intuitive and simple to use.
Our team takes a world view of payments for all of Amazon and builds highly customized and seamless payment experiences for our global customers. This focus on geography and customer requires working on different technologies such as Android, Amazon Fire, and back-end platform systems in order to meet the needs of our customers. Our back-end systems are always available and guarantee that our customer’s orders are never lost and always processed even when downstream services are down.
Our team is highly motivated and in need of a senior engineer who can take the technical reigns of the team and steer them in the direction of our vision.
You are a technical leader and craftsman with a proven track record of successful delivery. You are someone who will enjoy the challenge of working on complex and highly disparate technologies – from front-end Android development to back-end highly distributed systems. You are security-conscious and continually analyze software for potential threats to safeguard customer trust. You are interested in a high growth career opportunity and enjoy building software that brings smiles to our customers.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 1+ years of experience, or Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· 2+ years of experience with object-oriented design and data structures
· 2+ years of industry experience in, at least, one modern programming language, such as Java or C#
· Relentless customer focus
· Thrive in technically challenging and complex business environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment