AbeBooks, an Amazon company, connects millions of buyers with booksellers from around the world. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that includes everything from exquisite manuscripts and long lost books from your childhood, to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of “A Farewell to Arms.”
About the Role
The Customer Success Supervisor is a people manager who leads a team of Customer Service Representatives who handle both inbound and outbound customer contacts. Inbound contacts are supporting buyers and sellers who need help while outbound contacts are working 1:1 with sellers, helping them maximize their performance. You will help set the vision, direction, and culture of your team, and focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction. You are responsible for the performance and development of your team and ensuring they are exhibiting customer obsession in every contact they handle. You are deeply invested in your team’s career development and help them grow both professionally and personally. You are a data driven and use metrics to help you understand productivity and performance, and use your findings to help improve processes and remove barriers that hinder your team’s performance and the customer experience.
This position offers a great opportunity for a leader who has the desire to take initiative, drive performance and deliver results while earning the trust of their team through role-model behavior. If you have relentless desire to help others succeed, we have the career you’re looking for!
You’re an enthusiastic team player with a strong technical aptitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
· Scheduling and allocating headcount as required to meet and exceed service levels and key performance indicators
· Participating in recruiting, interviewing and onboarding of new employees
· Providing leadership and guidance to associates through development activities, call shadowing, quality assurance, side by side training, and mentorship.
· Conducting regularly 1:1 meetings with employees
· Managing employee compensation, development goals, promotions, performance improvement plans, & the employee review process.
· Delivering daily, weekly, & monthly CS updates to CS Manager highlighting team performance, metrics, etc.
· Identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality. Escalating system issues through appropriate channels
· Completing monthly quality reviews with your team, analyzing performance, and identifying ways to improve the support we provide to our customers.
· Assist team transition to a proactive seller support model
AbeBooks offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, and a beautiful waterfront office space, as well as bonus perks such as a health and wellness subsidy, fresh fruit, donuts, free drinks and snacks, foosball, ping pong, and pool tables... the list goes on.
What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar. And we do all this while having fun and enjoying the tranquility of island life.
Apply today, and learn more about why you should join our award-winning workplace!
· Between 1 and 3 years of supervisory experience with a focus on team development and performance metrics
· Ability to dive deep, analyze data and solve problems
· Ability to improve processes and increase efficiencies
· Ability to earn the trust of others and foster effective relationships within the organization
· Ability to work autonomously with little to no supervision needed
· Intermediate computer skills (esp Excel)
· A demonstrated passion for ensuring a world-class Customer Experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of SQL
· Experience working in customer success in a sales
· Experience working in contact center
· Product and/or project management skill