Operations Internship Programme (m/f)
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Do you dream of changing the world as part of your career?
Ready to experiment, reinvent our processes, and challenge the status quo?
Great – you are the highly motivated, enthusiastic intern we are looking for to join our Operations team.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. This means that everyone bands together, rolls up their sleeves, and isn’t content with just standing still.
Opportunities are available in Poznan, Szczecin, Wroclaw and Katowice (Poland)
What to expect:
This will be a unique, project-based opportunity where you can develop a variety of competences: by taking part, you’ll apply real-world rocket fuel to your career. In total, you’ll spend between 10-12 weeks in one of Amazon’s industry-leading European Fulfillment Centers. It’s in this context that you’ll put your developing leadership and analytical skills to the test.
LEADERSHIP: First and foremost, you will observe and learn dynamic leadership, and why this makes all the difference in our global business at Amazon. This will help you in aiding various aspects of project execution, by working closely with members of senior management.
TEAM WORK: Further to this, you’ll also collaborate with front line associates; these experiences will equip you with a deeper working knowledge of how we keep our world-class operations running smoothly. Just as importantly, you’ll see, firsthand, how we continuously adapt and refine our processes and workflows.
STRATEGY: In terms of deliverables, your major project will include designing a new process or strategy, based on the insights you glean from highly detailed data on operations performance. It’ll be up to you to proactively test your work as you go along. This will include thinking about the scalability of your recommendations, and how your ideas can be effectively applied across our larger network. To succeed, you’ll collaborate with any and all of the following teams: technology development, data warehouse experts, project-focused area managers, and plenty more besides.
Your 10-12 week internship will culminate in a presentation to management of any new innovative solutions and recommendations that you have based on your observations and analytical research.
· You’re currently enrolled in, or you’re a recent graduate of, an MBA, PhD or MSc tertiary-level course in logistics, science, engineering or a similar field,
· If an MBA/MSc graduate, you’ve gained professional experience in busy operational logistics, supply chain, manufacturing or transportation environments,
· Excellent communication skills, with fluent English (written and spoken),
· Demonstrable decision-making skills, enabling you to use sound reasoning as and when required; you can consult others in achieving consensus,
· Solid analytical skills, a sound business judgment and strong oral and written communication,
· You are fluent in English and fluent at a conversational level in Polish,
· Plenty of personal drive, with the kind of enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· You’ve gained previous experience in setting, monitoring and improving KPIs, as well as similar metrics,
· Successful track record in supporting customers, both internally and externally,
· Knowledge of lean, six sigma and kaizen techniques and methodologies would be advantageous.
Internship opportunities are located in Poland (Wroclaw, Poznan, Szczecin or Katowice)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.