Amazon Fashion is looking for an experienced fashion and editorial photographer to play a leadership role in defining and implementing breakthrough imagery solutions for its fashion photography studio in London. The role will bring innovation to high volume photographic workflows to improve the aesthetic quality of imagery produced. Furthermore, it will mentor and lead the photography team in creative and editorial techniques to build bridges with business-partners and extend the scope of imagery executed. The Lead Fashion Photographer is required to stay at the forefront of imagery within online fashion retailing, ensuring that Amazon is ahead of the curve and ready to incorporate relevant solutions into the customer experience. The successful candidate will be required to understand the larger business strategy while overseeing the global implementation details of new imagery standards, technologies and equipment.
Experience and Attributes:
· In-depth knowledge of producing commercial and editorial photography, including digital post-production.
· Excellent and proven range of photographic and post production skills.
· Excellent communication skills, an active listener, able to convey
complex issues succinctly and with the correct priority.
· Ability to influence people creatively and gain stakeholder results.
· Experience with building innovative processes from the ground up and executing large scale team projects.
· Ability to translate a business vision into a repeatable creative process, building collaboration and consensus between business units.
· Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively, with constant attention to process improvement.
· Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high volume studio environment.
- Significant experience working in a leadership role in a creative environment, with an emphasis on commercial studio photography.
· A strong commercial and editorial photography portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied techniques and a working knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition, color quality and aesthetics.
· A degree in commercial photography and/or related field
· Advanced-level proficiency of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro.
· Working knowledge of still and moving imaging software for both Mac and PC platforms
· Proficient on both the Macintosh (OSX) and PC computing platforms.
· Unix and/or SQL skills a plus
- Expereince working with video