Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Compliance Specialist. As a Compliance Specialist you will be an integral part of the AWS Product Compliance team and influence an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to enable AWS global expansion. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment across multiple projects simultaneously. You will work closely with the Compliance Engineering team and the design teams thought the product life cycle conducting due diligence research and specifying regulatory and compliance requirements. Your ultimate responsibility will be to gather concrete compliance requirements of various countries, work with local certification authorities and enable AWS to deploy hardware and to be an authorized filer in respective countries. Key responsibilities include:
· Working with product compliance, global expansion, and engineering teams to determine country specific compliance needs.
· Working with local authorities and provide necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance.
· Establishing and maintaining guidelines and best practices to mitigate compliance issues in early deployment phase.
· Facilitating the conduct of certification reviews and testing.
· Conducting root cause determinations and corrective actions to prevent future compliance issues.
· Submitting and maintaining official documentation and final approval from the proper government or regulatory bodies (FCC/CE for EMI/EMC, UL and CSA)
· Oversight for labels as required by certification bodies.
· Remain current on any changes to global agency approvals and testing procedures.
· Building tools for international compliance with a multitude of diverse regulatory obligations.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar technical discipline.
· 5+ years of global compliance and working with in-country compliance authorities.
· 5+ years of administrating project work
· Multiple product experience in submission for official certification through relevant compliance bodies such as FCC, CE, CSA or UL
· 5+ years of experience in working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
· Experience with environmental compliance such as ROHS, REACH and WEEE.
· Logical, critical thinking.
· A personable, skilled relationship builder who is able to coach and advise other team members.
· Able to work effectively in an integrated product team environment.
· Skilled at effectively communicating and collaborating with various contributors to get needed information and solve complex problems.
· Resourceful and proactive in doing research and accessing hard-to-find information.
· Self-motivated and able to manage their own work load.
· Proven track record of role modeling a collaborative teamwork environment.
· Ability to move quickly and work in an ambiguous environment -
· Strong organizational skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.