Software Development Engineer – Computer Vision and Machine Learning
Candidates with or without Machine Learning experience are invited to apply.
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing? We’re building the computer vision and machine learning products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the Digital Products Computer Vision team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core products and features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· Be responsible for the development and maintenance of software for computer vision products.
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, make sure design meets requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
· Obsess over the quality and stability of production code and continually strive to raise the software bar for yourself and the team.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5+ years of experience building successful production software systems
· 5+ years of experience with OO design and development
· Experience in multiple object-oriented programming languages like Java, C/C++, Python, Ruby and Objective C
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science
· Experience with computer vision and/or machine learning is a plus but not required.
· Experience with working on AWS services (S3, SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis)
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation