Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services thereby gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS customers can take advantage of Amazon.com’s global computing infrastructure which is the backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar retail business. AWS provides scalable, reliable, and secure distributed computing infrastructure that has been honed for over a decade. For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all cloud and mobile products and services offered by AWS. This includes cloud services such as EC2 and S3 as well as consumer offerings like Amazon Appstore and Cloud Drive. Our team works with development teams to design and build secure solutions, participate in and coordinate penetration testing activities, and generally solve security challenges at massive scale.
AWS Security is looking for a Support Engineer to assist AWS security engineers and technical program managers with application security reviews, tool development and penetration testing activities. You will need to communicate across teams, troubleshoot issues, execute written processes and document results, learn about different aspects of AWS Security, and pick up tasks and drive them to resolution.
A Support Engineer at Amazon is expected to manage and resolve issues as assigned and know when to escalate problems to supervisors. Support engineers must be able to communicate technical details and status information in a timely and precise fashion. They are expected to have an aptitude for learning and to become skilled with using our internal tools, procedures, and documentation. The projects that will be assigned will typically be limited in scope with well-defined requirements. Support Engineers must take pride in the accuracy of their work and strive towards excellence. They must also gather metrics data and create documentation as needed.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include project and software development work. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.
- Application security review coordination
- Security tool development
- Security projects and research work as needed
- Proactively support knowledge sharing within the team and across the company
- Partner with teams throughout the Company develop pragmatic solutions that achieve
- business requirements while maintaining an acceptable level of risk
- Security metrics delivery and improvements
- Assistance with recruiting activities and administrative work
· Minimum 2 years of experience with command line utilities and/or scripting on at least one computer operating system, such as Linux/Unix or Windows.
· BS in IT, CS, or related field, or equivalent work experience
· Interest in information security and a desire to learn techniques and technologies such as application security, cryptography, threat modeling, penetration testing, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
· Strong customer focus
· Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
· Experience with at least one programming language (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
· Experience with any issue management system (such, as Jira, Bugzilla, Launchpad, Remedy, Redmine, etc.)
· Hands on experience with IT security (application security, threat modeling, cryptography, penetration testing, etc.)
· Demonstrable teamwork skills
· An understanding of web services, distributed systems, or mobile applications
· Experience writing database queries/reports