AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda) is changing the way that companies big and small think about computing in the cloud. Lambda functions offer customers a "serverless" way to create applications, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
We are looking for software engineers who want to work at cutting edge scale and help push the boundaries of serverless computing in the cloud. To succeed in this role, you need to be creative, responsible, and able to dig deep into emerging technologies. Willing to read research papers but also move quickly to turn code into customer solutions.
An ideal candidate is passionate about container technologies and their security models. You are passionate about programming languages and willing to learn a multitude of them. You care deeply about customer experience and focus on building performant systems that offer idiomatic programming interfaces to customers. You drive engineering best practices throughout your team and you will be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
If this is you, come help us solve problems like:
- Design software to make platforms flexible enough to enable programming languages that customer want to use
- Build performant container provisioning and orchestration mechanisms, making performance seem like magic to customers
- Help envision and build systems that work in a variety of compute platforms such as connected devices (AWS Greengrass), edge locations (Lambda@Edge) and more.
Job location is Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field, 3+ years relevant work experience (or more for senior level developers)
· Knowledge of C and at least one modern programming language, such as Java, Scala, C++, or C#
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
· Demonstrated systems programming expertise
· Experience in C/C++ or Java and exposure to interpreted languages such as Python
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Solid understanding of the Linux operating system
· Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation