We are a startup within one of the fastest growing and most strategic parts of Amazon. Marketing Insight owns the product, technology and deployment roadmap for advanced analytics and insights products across our advertiser success team. Advertiser success is core to Amazon’s growth, as it helps our suppliers drive awareness, consideration, and purchase of their products by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world, and generates revenue which helps us lower prices and invest in improvements to our customer experience. We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are looking for passionate data engineers to develop a flexible data model and optimize the consumption of massive data sources we require to generate unique insights. Data is at the center of every product we will develop as we create brand new systems that serve the needs of our large and growing base of advertisers. You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products. You will be a part of a team of top notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence. Members of this team will be challenged to innovate using big data technologies. We are looking for people who are motivated by thinking big, moving fast, and changing the way customers use data to drive profitability. If you love to implement solutions to hard problems while working hard, having fun, and making history, this may be the opportunity for you.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
· 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3)
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Masters or PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age