Amazon Prime Video delivers hundreds of thousands of movies, TV series, and live events to tens of millions of customers globally via the web and a wide range of mobile and living room devices.
The Prime Video UX Research & Planning team delivers insights that fundamentally shape and continuously improve the Prime Video customer experience and the way the organization understands and builds for our customers. This growing team is currently seeking a Senior User Researcher to join us in this mission at our downtown Seattle studio.
In this role, you will:
· Provide thought leadership to product teams and the broader organization; assure the right research questions are being asked; educate the organization on opportunities revealed by your own research and that of others; create and execute against long-term research roadmaps and opportunity frameworks that align to and inform high-level business strategy and goals.
· Define and execute and, invent research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to field research, surveys, lab studies, remote testing, and A-B tests.
· Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to perform quick and thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful, and actionable findings.
· Successfully persuade work partners and decision makers at the highest levels of the organization to take aligned action on research findings – inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers and differentiate our service.
· Translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned to business goals.
· Work with design, product management, engineering, and marketing, partners to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes, and iteratively design and test these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong.
· Build durable, broadly scaled insights, points-of-view, and knowledge management tools that are leveraged within the Prime Video organization, and by other organizations across Amazon.
· Generate insights and artifacts that influence and are adopted by other teams across Amazon.
· 10+ years of experience contributing to the design of successful digital products and services, with a strong portfolio that illustrates how your research contributed to this success.
· Broad experience with the full range of research methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioral, with deep expertise in one or more areas.
· Experience designing and running original experimental research on digital products and services.
· Demonstrated effectiveness ensuring insights are broadly understood by the organization and result in improved customer outcomes.
· Deep understanding of the design process and how research is appropriately integrated at each phase.
· Deep understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and limitations as applied to the design of interactive systems.
· Facility for uncovering root causes of good or bad research results for a given UI design; able to deconstruct product interfaces from a system-wide view into meaningful and useful component parts, and demonstrate the significance of each part’s relationship to the other parts, and to the system as a whole.
· Solid grasp of quantitative data analysis and inferential statistics.
· Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
· Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment.
· Ability to mentor and guide other user researchers to successful outcomes.
· Strategic, business-building approach to UX research with a passion for translating data into bottom-line impact.
· Experience researching and developing experiences for global markets.
· Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work.
· MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Behavioral Economics, or a related field.
· Experience in the utilization of behavioral data and the design and analysis of A-B tests a plus.
· Skill in use of data analysis, data visualization, and knowledge management tools a plus (e.g., Tableau).
· Skill in developing rapid UI prototypes and data collections tools a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation