Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations also look to and depend on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
We have an immediate opening for a System Development Engineer to support the AWS Business Contracts Team. This position will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining Business Contracts Management’s internal tool for metadata tracking, automated workflows, and contract management. The tool is used for tracking internal Contracts SOPs. This tool dually functions as the sales facing Contracts Portal for the AWS Public Sector Sales team for Sales Enablement (full listing of Public Sector agreements, contract reporting / metrics and valuable tools and resources for contract operations).
You will be responsible for:
· Designing the systems to meet unique AWS contracting requirements.
· Uploading and recording various pieces of information for all contract data into the systems in accordance with various contract and internal guidelines.
· Continual improvement of the systems as they will need to scale and continue to meet the demands of a rapidly growing, dynamic business.
· Improving cycle times, maintaining system integrity, developing integration/efficiencies within the system and automation of manual contract compliance processes
· 5+ years’ experience with continuous integration and product deployment.
· 5+ years’ experience with technical troubleshooting and quality assurance.
· Demonstrated proficiency with computer science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field).
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar related technical field.
· Demonstrated experience with various AWS tools
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Results-oriented person with a delivery focus and able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
· Solid verbal/written communication skills with ability to deliver high quality documents at appropriate level of detail
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment
· Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Demonstrated background in programming, web application and tech development.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age